Parts & Service Manager
In Kernic Systems has been a leading North American provider of recycling equipment solutions since 1978. Today we serve our customers with an expanded offering of standard product and custom-engineered solutions through our three primary business divisions: Recycling Solutions, Dust Collection and Air Pollution Control, and Material Handling.
Kernic Systems has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician/Millwright (Industrial Equipment) .
Responsibilities in this role will include working as part of our team to service the equipment and systems at our customer’s facilities.
This is an ideal role for a skilled and self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenging and rewarding work environment.
This includes the service and repair of air/extraction systems, dust collection systems and recycling equipment (balers, shredders etc.)
- Safe and Efficient Approach
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges
- Work closely with the Parts & Service Manager to establish priorities and scheduling
- Communicate directly with customers to provide support and schedule follow up visits
- Troubleshoot equipment problems (mechanical, electric, hydraulic)
- Understand system schematics and circuit diagrams
- Prepare sketches and diagrams; estimates material requirements for specific jobs
- Make emergency repairs and perform routine service and preventative maintenance
- Keep service records and performs simple administrative tasks
- Meet all internal & customer quality requirements
- Work safely & efficiently
- Maintain a clean work area & identify any safety concerns
- Perform related duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Millwright certification or Electro-mechanical background
- Experience with hydraulic balers, shredders and dust collection will be an asset
- Experience with industrial machinery rigging and installation will be an asset
- Experience in metal work (welding, cutting, light fabrication) will be an asset
- Experience with PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) will be an asset
- Ability to work safety at heights
- Ability to assess the occupational hazards and safety precautions that exist.
- Skilled in the use and care of a variety of hand and power tools, measuring and testing equipment
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to maintain records
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Frequent travel to customer’s locations in Southern Ontario (occasional out of province)
- Physical ability for lifting and supporting heavy loads
- Use of safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
$25.00 – $33.00/hr depending on qualifications, with additional premiums for out of town travel and overtime.
Kernic Systems Inc. offers competitive salary packages, a positive and challenging work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Related Job Titles
Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Service Technician, Field Service
Job Type: Full-time